Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: The Pagan 'problem'
Sep 24, 2010, 08:04
juamei wrote:
tjj wrote:

The I Ching for example might be described as a spiritual philosophy with no 'god' involved. It has survived for thousands of years in many different forms; neither is there anything superstitious about the hexagrams - each one gives sound advice about how respond/react to life's crises and can be applied to any situation.

(Edited)

Belief in the I Ching is just that though, blind faith with no logical basis.

I didn't say I 'believed' in it. I edited my original post because it spoke of a particular time in my life when I was knocked somewhat off balance. Quietly spending 15 minutes a day reading I Ching and taking guidance from it helped me to set the 'chattering ego' aside and regain equilibrium and acceptance. I was then able to go off to work and deal with the stresses and strains of the day; I believe meditation has a similar effect.

Having shaken off the shackles of a Roman Catholic education, 'blind faith' is a label I do not accept; however, learning to know yourself is something everyone could benefit from otherwise we go through life thinking we are always right and everyone else is wrong ... which is the basis of fundamentalism whatever label you choose to put on it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index