Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
The Pagan 'problem'

132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: The Pagan 'problem'..a religious phenomenom??
Sep 25, 2010, 08:09
Resonox wrote:
Just an observation.....
Isn't it strange that many people who lay claim to being non-religious, quote the bible/talmud/qoran/puranas etc etc to emphasise a point or to illustrate a flaw in that religion...or...stranger still are the ones who eschew one religious text as being a load of mystic bunkum only to hang on the coat-tails of another(in their view)more mystic text..Was it George Burns who in his 90s said,"I believe in every religion...at my age I think it's best to hedge your bets!"

How about a little bit of 'live and let live'; if someone's faith gets them through life's trials and tribulations, then why knock it. If someone else turns to an ancient eastern philosophy to discover that by being 'still' many of their worries become manageable, so what. Whatever gets you through the night ... surely has to be better than obilterating reality with alcohol or drugs.

Here is someone wise beyond their years who turned his back on fame and fortune, gave it all away and has been sneered at ever since. Who are we to say he was wrong. I'm off out now, into the cool sunshine ... Cherhill Down here I come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jek6iP6AuAQ
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index