Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: The Dragon Project
Mar 14, 2005, 22:17
Belated bump.

>Does anyone know of any books or sources for the Project

Finally got a copy of the one published paper the DP produced, inexplicably mailed via France (especially so as it started out in San Fransisco).

Hard-nosed science types could easily rip it into tiny little shreds not even suitable for hamster bedding, and probably have done. Fie! You hard-nosed sciency types! Shame on you for the shred ripping! You're just jealous 'cos you have to sit in labs, so you don't get to go out on the top of cold moors and hills!

Whilst it has it's faults (there's a pun in there), it's a damn brave attempt to push out the boundary of both archaeological and psychological research. I really hope that it doesn't get lost in the quag of obscure journalology, and that at some point, someone sees fit to follow it up, but with a tighter experimental design. I couldn't help but think that if it had had the resources, the DP could have come up with a bit of research of Kuhnian significance, had the premise been shown to be based in reality. Even so, I suspect that in years to come, it will be cited more and more as a seminal bit of research.

A toast to the interactions of geomagnetic variables and biological systems, 'cos they're great!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index