The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
The Dragon Project

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rune
288 posts

Re: Utterly Divine
Feb 10, 2005, 16:34
Yep, I loved that bit, too Puts a whole new meaning on "Hey, go to the Rollrights, it's a blast" doesn't it ;-)

The whole house has a lovely feel to it, it's old, chalk-built with very thick walls. The spring is within the ground floor (dining room) windowsill. Yes, I've been tempted to dig down to see if I could find anything but the house could fall down if I did! I first got to wondering what was there as the dog often would jump up from laying asleep and stare at it and wag his tail like mad in happy greeting although none of us could see anything at all. The cat often just stood and stared intently at it, too, in a fascinated saucer-eyed sort of way. I was wondering if it was a "beam me up scotty" device only they could see, but whatever it was, it felt nice never creepy or weird, just always pleasant.

When I first found it I asked the nearest EM chap to come and see if it really was something as special as I thought or whether I really was certifiable and he sensed it too, although not as 2 separate things, one thing in a more flowing fashion than I do. I put that down to the always valid 'none of us senses the whole picture, but some of us pick up on certain things reliably and repeatably' school of thought.

Over the 18 years I've lived here, aside from it being dowsable, I've noticed any sickly house plants thrive when placed there, it's the cat's fave spot to doze, if anyone's out of sorts, I sit them next to it and put one of my hands in it and the other on them and they invariably feel better. Crystals are a lot livelier for spending time in it. It has a "bounce" if you put your hands near it.

You know how to feel your own energy, clap your hands together but don't let them meet, do this a few times, then sense what you feel between your palms, liquid honey is the traditional explanation but everyone is different, do the clapping exercise til you can feel something, then once you're used to that feeling, know that it's your Chi, Ki, Mana, Prana, Energy or whatever your term for it is. You'll find your palms become more sensitive over time to the feel of different things. Next time you're near some stones, hover your hands a couple of inches away and see how the different stones feel to you.

I sense this spring as a little fountain welling up with a column beside it, also inside the room. The column can be sensed as a draught on my palms if I hold them up to the ceiling, i.e. whatever it is, it is coming downwards.

Years ago I was really interested in <i>what</i> it was, I took endless photos hoping something would show up but it didn't, I tried seeing if it ebbed and flowed with the moon or on a daily cycle or on any other rythm but I just got a constant sense from it all the time. Maybe I should have another go nowadays to see if I can detect anything "tidal" about it, I'm certainly more sensitive to more energy stuff myself now than I was then.

It really is a lovely thing to live with, I'm sure I'm not the only person who does, have a look around your house and see (or rather sense) what's there.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index