The Dragon Project

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: The Dragon Project
Feb 18, 2005, 07:54
Heh! Well, then I shall email him again sometime next week - don't want to annoy im or owt...

Martin's arranged another get together next week so we can talk more bizarre happenings at ancient sites...

I can't remember if I mentioned it in all my ramblings above, but he told me a story about an odd happening at Rollright (which made him decide NOT to take part in any of the overnight experiments!). Coincidentally, I picked an old copy of Fortean Times (I have stacks of half-read stuff lying around) and the page I'd left it on was about phantom landscapes, written by Paul Devereux. Very interesting and well-reasoned, as usual. The article mentioned the stretch of road alongside the Rollright Stones, and the unusual amount of ghostly happenings reported along a particular bit of it. Tests showed radiation levels considerably higher than normal along this stretch (due to high amounts of granite or summat - I'm no expert and can't remember!) I wonder if this has a bearing on WHY some of these sites were constructed where they were...

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index