The Dragon Project

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Re: Supernature
Feb 11, 2005, 18:20
In the consensus mythic worldview of the West (a 'consensus trance' as Charlie Tart called it), strange or powerfdul subjective events seemingly from some 'otherness' is deemed daft or psychiatric. We all know this. So let's explore the mythic worldview of tribal groups, or the history of primitive religions. Herein we find the mythic worldview of the people who built our megaliths and stuff. So we actually DO have a worldview. The problem's been the arrogant lack of communication between respective intellectual groups who've reckoned for far too long to have a monopoly of opinion on ancient sites. Although it's changing slightly, I recall many times at conferences archaeologists 'tutting' when anthroppologists drew parallels with British tribal activities at ritual sites. It just wasn't the done thing, so to speak. But we need to go further than anthropology and explore the worldview of aboriginal peoples: known to Jungian psychologists and psychoanthropologists as 'a mythic worldview.' This arena is very alive and accessible to scientific approach, as innumerable books in the field show. Comparative religion is also a necessary analysis if we wanna get a grip with our old stones.

I don't buy the idea that we've got nowt to draw on that can enable us to comprehend transpersonal effects at ancient sites. Just look in the right places. Read the right books. And if you're only just starting, for god sake make sure y' read the right ones! If it's got New Age written all over it & it's really your cuppa tea, I suggest either a lobotomy or (a much better thing) spend a few years in a tribal society and wake up!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index