The Dragon Project

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: The Dragon Project
Feb 04, 2005, 18:41
OK – here goes! (chopped about to fit within the 4096 characters allowed!)

A while ago, I got chatting to a bloke at work (Martin) about stone circles, etc and he mentioned some project he was involved in during the 70's at Rollright, measuring electro-magnetic energy in and around the stones. Part of what he told me was that every stone, regardless of size, had a spiral of energy that wraps around the stone 7 times from bottom to top.

Some time after, I read an article in Fortean Times about dreaming at sacred places (which proved inconclusive due to the unreliability of a large percentage of participants) – I mentioned this to someone, who then mentioned the spirals of energy being part of the same project.

When I mentioned this, Martin seemed pleasantly shocked to hear the words "Dragon Project" remarking on how long ago it all was (around 1977-78?).

I was reading Andy Worthington's excellent "Stonehenge – Subversion and Celebration" and noticed the project mentioned – pretty much in passing (I've not read it all yet – I was just flicking through at this point so might be wrong!) So, anyway – I mentioned this to Martin.

He replied with, among other things, this:
"I remember setting up the tape for EVP recordings from the entity named Raw-De-Vay (with a German accent) and taking background radiation readings at the circle and outside a cottage for comparison further down the road. Years later, I got independent EVP confirmation that the rest of the Dragon Project team never saw. I used to subscribe to a magazine called Audio Media, all about top music and video recording studios. One month they had an article about excluding unwanted radio emissions from messing up recordings. At the end of the article, the expert was asked if he had ever been beaten by a signal that he could not prevent getting through to a tape recorder. He replied that he had only once been defeated by 'some German idiot called Raw De Vay, who kept coming out in recordings despite fully earthed Faraday Cage screening and other tricks'. You can't keep a good disembodied entity down."

A search on Google brought this up: "His work drew the attention of Latvian psychologist Dr. Konstantin Raudive (pronounced <i>row-de-vay</i>) who went to Sweden in 1965 to learn more from Jurgenson about the paranormal voices on tape". Martin was amazed – He'd never heard of Dr Raudive, who died in 1974 – a few years before the EVP experiments at Rollright.

It seems Dr Raudive became a regular contributor to the experiments:
"Raw De Vay gave us phone numbers of people to call in the USA, one of which was for an EVP researcher who was amazed to get a call from Paul Devereux on the subject. Raw De Vay also gave instructions for suggested experiments in collaboration with USA researchers, where they managed to use tape recorders on both sides of the Atlantic to prove that Raw De Vay only took a few seconds to move from one side of the pond to the other. It seems that for him, a trip across the Atlantic feels no more arduous or time consuming than a walk from the lounge to the kitchen. Remember Paul saying in awe and wonder about EVP 'distances do not equate'."

He finished with "I know that some elements of the project were deliberately left out of the book, but I don't know if EVP was one of them."

I found a website with a LOT of information about EVP and Dr Raudive, (http://www.worlditc.org/) with some perfectly audible recordings (which I've only listened to briefly – it's a bit creepy!). My experience of EVP tends to be loud white noise with people trying to convince me that it's voices. The Raudive recordings are distinct. The other point to note is that Martin told me EVP messages tend to come through several pitches ("not quite an octave") higher than normal, and I think the recordings have been remastered incorrectly and he sounds a bit Barry White…

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index