The Dragon Project

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Supernature
Feb 11, 2005, 21:03
'S fascinating stuff Rune, cheers for posting the link.

I couldn't say about the megaliths, others here being eminently more knowledgeable than I, and thus more likely to offer sensible comment, but regarding the interaction twixt e.m. and biological systems, and the ways in which this may have altered over time, I think it's spot on.

<i>We live in a changing magnetic field, not only that of the earth but also that from man-made pollution from radio, TV, radar waves, etc., plus the enormous amount of iron in buildings, cars and machines. In the neolithic, before the iron age, man was not "magnetically polluted" as we are; they were only subjected to the natural magnetism that they were capable of feeling and probably knew how to exploit. Our civilization of iron and magnetic waves has certainly contributed to the degeneration of that faculty which must have been a kind of sixth sense that still exists in some people today.</i>

Concisely put. Even without these considerations, it's possible that the movement of the solar system through galactic space over the millennia has resulted in differences in the earth's ambient e.m. field when comparing today with prehistory. This would presumably, if it were the case, have a knock on effect on people's perceptions of e.m. phenomena. I dunno.

<scientific as opposed to religious structures of their day>
One and the same thing mebbe? Science (capital 's') often does a pretty good job of acting like a religion even today. Georgio Piccardi's bother with mast cells springs to mind in this context.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index