This topic is locked

126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Disabled Parking and Barking
Nov 11, 2003, 21:42
I was entitled to an orange badge in the UK, it means you can park on double yellows.

It doesn't as far as I know mean you can stay overnight in yr disabled vehicle.

This whole argument is getting very silly and divisive. Avebury is becoming a sounding ground for 'my rights are more important than yr rights' on both sides, when in reality, what is required is a campsite nr Avebury, preferably nearer than six miles, yet six miles would make a fine pilgrimage also. I celebrate/honour/enjoy the journey as part of the experience, and I hate seeing the Stonehenge car park, and the Avebury car park. But that's the way it is. When I was severely impaired (walking ability) I would have understood my friends wanting to walk, and waited at the circle for them.

Harmony in all things? Why not begin a lobby/fund/campaign for a campsite nearer Avebury, I'm sure many people would be sympathetic that cause, it would aslo be a good business idea, like the campsite at Glastonbury Tor. With so-called paganism growing, it surely is worth honouring the ancient custom of de-centralised Mother-Earth Worship, before we get the stooopid Mecca-effect and the shadow of fundamentalism presiding over the ceremony.

No, I'M the real PAGAN!! ARghya!!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index