This topic is locked

126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Wake up king plank
Nov 11, 2003, 20:41
"We really feel that this is an infringement on our right to religious ceremonies and the right to park our homes safely (could this be be a case of indirect discrimination?)"

Believe this was the gist of the argument, well it was the first post anyhow...how's that about fuckin' camping.
Trust you f**kwits to pick up an argument half way through.

So, your a fully paid up member of the pentagram swinging society are you (of coarse this is a shot in the dark...bit like your cause. I've no idea what your understanding of 'paganism' is) ??...Guess ya 'forebears had a hard time during the 'burning times' then didn't they.

Tusk!! and there i was thinking that pagans gave a fuck about the environment, how wrong i was.

So it's all about self interest at the end of the day. You can't do what you want to do cos' a bunch of 'locals' who have to live in the area want to piss on your parade. That makes it an 'infringement of your right to worship' in whichever way you decide to manifest that, as you obviously don't have a 'theology/theocriscy' to govern your ritual practices, you already said it's 'your interpretation'..so how does that make it a religion? If i walked down the road with me winky out, who's to say I'm wrong...I'm just worshippin' at the Temple of Monganaut. S'all bullshit mate.

Last time i looked Avebury wasn't in the near East, so i guess your all lucked out on the use of planes.
Though I'm sure a broomstick would fit the bill nicely!

Hey, and i thought the idea of paganism was to worship 'local dieties'..y'know, like your 'local' stone circle, burial chamber, well, shrine, unusal rocky outcrop etc..,Why travel to Avebury to worship, if your in that part of the country. Last time i looked, the landscape was riddled with beautiful ancient monuments, far from the interuptions of 'everyday' people.
Though i guess it's the 'limelight' your after...look at me mom. I'm weird.

Better get a hobby mate...trainspottin' sounds right up your street.

So, whatter you pagans get up too then?? i might wanna side with the locals after all ; )
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index