This topic is locked

126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: pagan persecution at avebury.
Nov 11, 2003, 17:45
I think this whole argument is proving to be plain daft. You claim you that not being able to park at Avebury is an infringement of your civil/religious liberties. If you hold the site to be so 'sacred' why impact on the local and global environment by turning up to your 'ceremonies' in a bloody car /truck/ bus/van/coach/ or whatever having stunk up the planet in your mineral eating tin box in due process, now surely that's just plane rude to 'Da Mama'I'd have thought?. What's wrong with a bloody pilgrimage using shanks' pony if ya hold these places so close to your hearts, make the journey as important as the event.
Take a look at the UK Muslims, now those guys know how to make a pilgrimage. When they need to see the Karba and visit Mecca (yeah, we know, they drive and use planes etc..too, but at least they make the bloody effort) whilst your moaning that you can't park 'right next' to the place. Get a life.
If the 'moma' and the earth was so bloody important, surely you'd be using a means of transport , and living a life which made minimal negative impact on it. Go on, admit it, your just a bunch of 'cainers' who need a 'legal' excuse to get high ;) and shilly shally around in the mock understanding that your performing rituals beloved our forbears.
Hahhaha. I hate bloody religion.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index