126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TIG
7 posts

Re: pagan persecution at avebury.
Nov 11, 2003, 19:04
Wow that’s a really good argument.

Shame you don’t read very well.
We are talking about CAMPING not PARKING although some of us do drive (myself included) this is due to the state of public transport, and for at least the weekend my car is static, not being used, unlike the extra crap I would add to the atmosphere if I had to drive lots of people to and fro from the nearest campsite 6 miles away.

I suppose I could make this a Pilgrimage I will take your advice and attend as you admit your example does ... by plane, train, bus or car and walk from the car park LOL

Did I say I was an eco-warrior? nope I’m a Capitalist Dog with the latest in Eco-Friendly(er) cars with the smallest and most efficient engine in its class. Does this stop me being a Pagan ... nope?

No-one has said we are performing the rituals of our forbears, we are performing our rituals, our interpretation of our religions. The Christian church has many original rituals documented and quite nicely locked up in the Vatican. Most of the Treatise of religions Christianity quelled are documented and hidden away there, the documents that admit this are available but I’m going to leave you to expand your mind and find out more for yourself.

Only recently, for instance in the case of the “Dead Sea Scrolls” where Archaeologists have uncovered religious works rather than the church, has this information been made freely available. Previously religions controlled the populous through having control over knowledge, by advising the leaders/kings etc. This mantle has been stolen by the politicians in modern society. I feel you need to open your eyes a little and not trust everything you are told.

This argument is not about car parking it’s about a council trying to circumnavigate European legislation allowing Pagans to worship @ Avebury by making it impossible for them to attend. No facility to camp within reasonable walking distance @ 2am and no public transport at that time means No Pagans. Wow are they in for a shock!

I suppose I could make this a Pilgrimage I will take your advice and attend as you admit your example does ... by plane, train, bus or car and walk from the carpark LOL

Did I say I was an eco-warrior, nope Im a Capitalist Dog with the latest in Eco-Friendly cars with the smallest and most efficient engine in its class. Does this stop me being a Pagan ... nope.

This arguement is not about car parking its about a council trying to cercumnavigate european legislation allowing Pagans to worship @ avebury by making it impossible for them to attend.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index