pagan persecution at avebury.
This topic is locked

126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TIG
7 posts

Re: On the offensive
Nov 10, 2003, 21:24
I would like to ask you then why you think they are stopping the camping on the Carpark site. Is it because of all the other non Pagans camping there? I doubt it. Those who will miss out most are those that visit the stones to be there at midnight or over a 3 day cerimony.

As one who has been camping there quite a lot recently I have seen many others of differing faiths share warmth, food & mead with us (and friendly theological debate) But the predominance of those affected will be those of a Pagan nature. Thus it is those that have had this ban aimed at them that are retaliating not those who want to claim that we all deserve equal rights to all types of access, try to enter a Mosque and Practice Christianity the law is not on your side.

If we succeed in retaining the camping rights on the carpark even if only for Pagan Cerimonies I know that all there will welcome non-Pagans to share in the warmth of their fire and the freshness of friendly banter.

As to opening the Carpark as a Campsite per se, This may well not be an option but if you are asking us to fight for the rights of others to use it for a camp site, if you can tell me where your Liberties to practice your religion or your rights as a human being are being violated then by all means I will fight on your behalf. As it stands we are fighting for the ease of access to practice our religion that we were previously afforded to be maintained, and not jeapordised by the sudden enforcement of a law that will most probably only be enacted when the camping is considerable i.e. next time we are there.

TIG
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index