Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Edited May 06, 2016, 15:04
Re: John Michell lecture
May 06, 2016, 14:53
No need to go .
It's a discussion ,at least you don't get personal simply because you someone doesn't agree with you . It's a nice change .

What did I say that was misleading ?
I have already pointed out that the wrong grid refs are only a minor point in relation to the dodgy methodology .They had never been pointed out previously among the vast amount of problems related to that type of stuff .
I also pointed out that the main error in the Men an Tol alignment did not involve the wrong grid refs . They are immaterial to the differnet category of error in the bearing of the alignment .
The discrepancy error for the boundary stone amounts to 66 yards , again this has nothing to do with the error with the suggested bearing of the "alignment " .
I quoted the the point he made about using a limited group of monuments for the "alignments " , boundary stones were not one , round fields are not either .In the Men an Tol 1 there is only one monument in the "alignment" that fits the categry .needless to say you can't have an alignment with one component .
This is an entirely constructive argument .There are many problems with TOSOLE and they were noted a long time ago ,there have been a few more added in the past couple of days since the posting of the first thread . Michell may have spoken about stats but when it comes to looking at the stats they were one of the problems that made previous believers realise there were big problems with the early version of "leys " resulting in the move ,for some , to much safer ground of ""earth energies " that were purely subjective and couldn't be demonstrated to be wrong empirically .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index