Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03

70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: how can people listen to so much?
Jan 20, 2003, 16:41
I'm the other end of the scale, Married/ kids etc...
My wife jokes that i love my music more than i do her, and as with many, it's my only real vice, don't drink much or smoke, or bo5ther with drugs anymore. If i walk past a record shop i HAVE to go in...just in case that long lost gem i've been after has suddenly appeared...usually walk out with an armful of stuff i never intended to buy.
As far as listening to a little v.s lots, i guess it's down to mood. Some weeks the record/cd player never gets a rest, other weeks i won't listen to anything at all.
I don't have a car, so my minidisc always has at least five hours of varied stuff crammed onto it for those dreary bus/train journeys. Also whenever I'm out and about locally I'm inevitably accompanied by the MD.
Having a large record collection is a mixed blessing, i must be getting on for 2000 + LP's/CD's/MD's etc and there are still moments when i can't find a tune that fits my mood. In fact this year i resolved to slim down the collection, as there is some stuff in there bought on a whim which I've not got much out of, but still keep 'just in case' the music suddenly 'clicks', but they never do float my boat.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index