70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03
Jan 19, 2003, 20:05
Hmmmm this week

Nick Cave - Nocturama - the new album, been listening to this over the past week or 2 and not sure about it yet - usually cave albums take their time to grow but this seems a bit of a disappointment overall after No More Shall We Part - though there are some trax that I suspect I'll get to like more

Rallizes - Blind Baby... Enjoying this lilttle sweetie - graet quality opening track, middle one's a bit tedious then The Last One - though this takes about 6 minutes befroe it gets going. Think I've done a permanent injury to my ears playing this in the car

Brain Donor Pagan Ass...Hmmm

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - gently massaging the parts the Rallizes have fucked up

Idlewild - The Remote Part - adequate indie pop

Kim Fowley - Outrageous - surprised by this one, really good - never knowingly heard any KF before but this hits the mark. Spot on review by Copey this month

Who - Sell Out - not going to be intimidated in my listening by recent events - still a great album

Ultravox! - Ultravox! - still enjoyable after the years. Saturday Night in the City of the Dead!

Radio Birdman - Radios Appear - can't work out how I missed out on this lot first time around. Some good chewns with the Aussie punky stylee

Coil - Music to listen to in the Dark - ooooohh yeah
-actually music to walk the dog to in the dark - and get scared

Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index