70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moey
moey
770 posts

Soundtracks CONTINUED
Jan 19, 2003, 11:32
And on it goes......

Shivaree - I Oughttta Give you a Shot In The Head for making me live in this dump. - Think I might have mentioned this one before. reminds me very much of someone else but I can't remember who. Like some tracks, some don't do much for me. Nowhere as angsty as the title suggests.

John Barry / Various - Midnight Cowboy. what can I say, the title track is one of my fave pieces of music, a real "longing" in the harmonica. also realised one of the tracks is used as a bed by one of the Radio 1 dj's shoulda known that.

Scott Walker - Sings Jaques Brel - I've got the original albums too, but after catching a bit of Marc Almond on Jonathan Ross's radio prog sat morning I knew I had to dig out Scott.

Jansen, Barbieri & Karn - ISM - most recent album (1999) from the ex Japan men, features the trademark weaving of drums, fretless bass and analogue keyboards. Some vocals by Steve Jansen and Zoe Niblett. Probably their most satisfying release in a long time.

Readymade - Bold - an album I originally bought fro "Sugarfuel" a track with Sylvian singing. Love most of the album (a couple of kakka tracks) nice little electronic sounds, reminds me of some of Bjorks recent work in a way.

Compilation CDRs from Fitz (Jazz Stylee) and Scotty Boy (Blues Stylee) Both great in their own genre.

........And Finally...... "The Other Side Of Japan" a compilation of tracks, mostly from the first two albums, inspired by the Synth pop thread. deffo not synth pop. I'll be singing "Don't Rain On My Parade " all day now heheheh Must buy the first two on CD sometime, but they are normally expensive.

Bye
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index