Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03

70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03
Jan 19, 2003, 19:05
Noah House of Dread - 'Heart'. Been after this for years and was told Action in Preston had it. Absolutely fucking gorgeous On U dub from the early '80s. Been played to death since it arrived.

Senor Coconut - 'El Baile Aleman'. Bought this from Action too as I'd been listening to Kraftwerk a lot lately. Not what I was expecting, but I do like it, especially the train sounds on 'Trans-Europe Express'.

Wire - 'Read and Burn 02'. Complete with "Handcrafted by www.pinkflag.com" medical eye patch?!? Same vein as the first 'R&B'. Frantic as Wire do so well.

PIL - 'Cassette'. The Bill Laswell collaboration. A corker of an album. Thanks to my brother for digging this one out!

Camper Van Beethoven - 'Tusk'. Getting to really love this. I'll maybe get the Fleetwood Mac original from the library some time in the future...

The Cure - 'Hits' & 'Acoustic Hits'. Inspired to dig this out due to thread. Thanks! Some classics, especially on the acoustic album, but have to skip forward past 'The Walk' & 'Let's Go To Bed'... Hate them both! Sorry!

Floating Flower - '1st & 2nd'. Comp sent by Telepathine. Nice.

Tetra Splendour - 'Splendid Animation'. Rocky guitars I caught the end of supporting Fun Lovin' Criminals. Jury's out on this one.

Put together a compilation for a friend who's just had her third child. Tanya Donelly's 'Keeping You' is the most beautiful poetry for celebrating a new birth ever written. Other stuff included Jonathan Richman's 'Theme From Moulin Rouge' (lovely lullaby), Bim Sherman's 'Bewildered' and Cope's 'Beautiful Love' (avoided the obvious 'I'm Your Daddy'!)

Still got loads of stuff to catch up on. Ladytron, Sparklehorse, The Go, Simply Saucer and Innocence Mission are all waiting for me to give them due time and attention... My car, with CD player, should be back with me soon, so journeying to and from work will give me opportunity. Hire car has a cassette player... PIL & The Fall's 'Palace of Swords' have been this week's staple diet.

Have a good week, y'all.
H.
;o )
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index