Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03
Jan 19, 2003, 16:10
I'm trashed.......uuuuhnnnn.....ah well, I'll do me best;

Mother Earth - The People Tree. Courtesy of Joolio, top funky rocky noodlings

Jedi Knights - New School Science. Ace robotic beats an breaks

Psychic Warriors Ov Gaia - The Key. Nice mixes and dark and tribal techno things

Mojo Reggae compilation thing from awhile back. Top rankin'.

Fields Of The Nephilim - Elizium. Super portentous flour caked epic goff without a hint of irony. Spooky!

James Brown - Ulimate collection. Double cd best bits of "Hurgh" and so on. Cool

King Tubby - Crucial Dub. Seems to make my flat reek of ganj.

Sundial - Out Of Space, Out Of Time 7" single. Hurrah for them.

Amused By Genitals - I Was A Teenage Robot Monkey Felcher.

Big Chief - Platinum Jive. Faux "greatest hits" grungey rocky stuff

Elbow - Asleep at the Back. Weird someone else has been listening to this this week. Classy, fairly ambitious northern miserablism. Bit like Coldplay's scally cousins sitting alone in a pub on a Sunday afternoon, with warm beer, coming down after a good night out turned to shit.

Mediaeval Baebes - The Rose. Lusty Maidens moste faire perform olde worlde songes and melodies to enchant and beguile from thy magickal hi-fi musick box extraordiniare!!

The Blue Aeroplanes - Swagger. Inventive multi guitared indie arty rock n poetry sorta things. Cool band.

Ian O'Brien - Desert Scores. Got three of this chap's album's now. Top atmospheric jazz hued organic-electronica (note to self; Huh?). Bit like if the 80's King Crimson turned into a dance act. Or is it....? hmmmm. Bit hard to describe at the moment, but then at the moment thinking is fairly hard. Good tunes tho'.

Phew....did it....that;s me then. Too awake to sleep, to knackered to do anything in a world of fuzzy brain spume.
Have a nice week........zzzzzz
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index