Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Morrissey...at it again (again)
Jan 06, 2014, 19:50
Moon Cat wrote:
keith a wrote:
Incoming Traveller wrote:
I remember writing about 'animal Belsens' when I was about 14, newly veggie and very militant about it. I wouldn't write about it in that way now. While I agree with what Morrissey's saying (well, in that I won't eat meat unless it's a matter of survival, and that killing animals is quite horrific), the way he says it is often unhelpful. There may well be some irony and humour in what he's saying, but it doesn't come over in print.

Maybe not. But in fairness, the point he is surely trying to make is that, in his eyes, the abuse of animals is as bad as the abuse of children. Now people may or not agree with him on that matter, but just because one (not you!) doesn't agree doesn't make Morrissey a wanker. IMO.

Just as a question, do you think his statements will 'positively'* change folks outlook on chowing beast, or do you think it's more likely people will think "Oh, God here we go again...." and the actual issue will be lost amongst the fall-out of "Moz being a toolbag/Its all about his Mozness again.."

*depending of course on your POV.

Well people seem to hate Morrissey regardless of what he says!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index