Unsung Forum »
Morrissey...at it again (again)

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Morrissey...at it again (again)
Jan 04, 2014, 14:39
Strikes me as one step forwards and two steps back every time his Mozness speaks up for animal rights and/or vegetarianism these days.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/morrissey-i-see-no-difference-between-eating-animals-and-paedophilia-9037818.html
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: Morrissey...at it again (again)
Jan 04, 2014, 14:48
Sigh. If he could just express these views in even a slightly more constructive manner, he has enough of a media presence to actually persuade more people to either stop eating meat, or at least cut back.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 15:03
Every time he spouts this sort of nonsense he make me want to chow down on a baby seal burger or something.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 15:05
Moon Cat wrote:
Every time he spouts this sort of nonsense he make me want to chow down on a baby seal burger or something.

Which is exactly what makes his comments completely counter-productive.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 15:15
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Which is exactly what makes his comments completely counter-productive.

I agree. Very bad ambassador for a very good cause. Still, there's always Ricky Gervais ... (deep, heavy sigh).
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 15:46
Thing is he isn't the emperor of Vegetarianism and as much as his book was rather good just found out Nile Rogers one is far better.
I don't eat meat, but I still know what trumps what in this world.
x
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 16:19
I find it odd that someone with such a reputation for wit and erudition in lyrics and prose should be so increasingly cack-handed and quorn-fisted when making pronouncements on things that are close to his heart socially and politically. It almost has the whiff of self-sabotage about it apart from the fact you could be justified in thinking that kind of thing wouldn't be on the Moz radar, at least not consciously.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 16:25
Unless he is being deliberately provocative to journos? I wouldn't put it past him. These pronouncements make me crack up with laughter - I think he's brilliantly funny! Maybe...
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 16:27
Yawn
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jan 04, 2014, 16:33
Sorry, are we keeping you up?