Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: Morrissey...at it again (again)
Jan 04, 2014, 19:36
Squid Tempest wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:
I laughed out loud when Lady Calamity read out that he thinks Jamie Oliver's kids should be put in a microwave!!

He's just messing with us. In these post millennium times we read so much into a slebs remarks.

Exactement mon ami. He's taking the piss out of the journo.

That's how I read it too, and it should probably be noted that the interview was with a Morrissey fansite, so he probably reckons he's on safe ground to exaggerate/semi-caricature his views for that readership. The problem partly comes when it gets extracted for a wider readership who are unlikely to react so positively and probably still have the 'miserable' tag attached to Morrissey (I see one of the commentators seems to have last heard of Morrissey when he was on TOTP in 1983).

However, it's not helping to get his 'don't eat meat' message across very well, for all that it is clearly expressed with tongue in cheek and smile on face. As mentioned by others, it's more likely to be provoking the opposite reaction.

For similarly entertaining pronouncements, you may enjoy his recent comments about the Royal Family. http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131118_01
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index