Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Feb 19, 2012, 09:19
Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 19, 2012, 09:18
IanB wrote:
When it comes to the cultural packaging of discontent what I want, what I expect, is Albert Ayler meets John Heartfield via "Y" and Penderecki.

Sounds like a normal night at 'The Klinker' :D. I miss those events, Anna & I are really proud that we got to play at three of them. Its a real shame that Hugh gave up on them. We recently met up with another ex Klinker performer and we'll be playing together at an all day thing with them here in cambridge in April.

But yep, in regards to the history of previous revolutions you're right, they never end well. But I remain optomistic, the positive ripples (and the initial stone drop) that came out of the failures always remain in the political conciousness. Just like culture, and music specifically, generally expands out of the positive influences of its past. Sure, it gets co-opted eventually, as the wider strata stops their flow and prevents them from reaching their true intensity, from realising their potential. My optomism stems from my strongly held belief that that won't always be the case.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index