270 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 15, 2012, 00:07
Piquiod wrote:
Necro....nice post...great things to think about!!

ta. I just wish I'd learnt to type before writing it!

Another thought on Vive..... there is a line that goes something like 'I dont wanna kill to make my point, but I will if I must', which is but a hop and a skip away from the Chartist watchword - 'peaceably if we may, forceably if we must,' which has always been a pretty damned good motto in my book.

I wonder if Moriaki Wakabayashi (Les Rallizes Denudes bassist & Japanese Red Army plane hijacker) had any influence on its writing as well....

What I really like about the track isn't specificlly the lyrics, nor the rather marvellous melody, it's the fact that Cope has written a whole bunch of songs going 'why the fuck would anyone do this shit?', and has then actually gone away and thought 'why the fuck would anyone do this shit?' and made a real effort to understand his world. It's way beyond revolutionary posturing, it's a real attempt to get to grips with reality.

On Cromwell In Ireland....it goes Cromwell in Ireland, Hitler in Europe, John Brown in Kansas, something about St Paul.' Whats John Brown doing with that lot? He was a yank abolitionist who (in Kansas) led a (rather farcical) attempt at a revolutionary uprising to free the slaves. More akin to the Baader Meinhoffs (another Luke Haines link!) than Cromwell, Hitler or Saul. I'm sure I'm missing a point, but I dont get it...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index