Psychedelic Revolution

270 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
valis23
valis23
111 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 29, 2012, 17:09
Damn - I've just read 13 pages of posts, trying to catch up with y'all. Homeopathy, metaphysiks, real and fake AK-47s, future and failed revolutions, the death/rebirth of rock und roll and something about pork.

And STILL I'm only on disk one of PR. And still loving it. There's something whimsical here that I've rarely gotten from Julian's albums before, a feeling of musical freeness and playfulness, even amidst the intensity and muck und mire. Somehow, it being a 2012 release and all, I imagined a Son-of-Interpreter or something, very spacerock and star-reaching. Instead, it's a very grounded album so far, the sound of Julian and folks making music together. I can almost feel the heat from the fireplace. I'm going to burn disk 1 to my iPod so I can finally absorb the lyrics, and I'll move to disk 2 tonight as well.

Odd note, maybe... I've never been a massive Stones fan, yet I discovered Let It Bleed not long ago and can't stop listening. There's something loose and together in common with these two albums, again to do with the sound of people in a room putting out some rawk.

I'll go back to waxing my harpsichord now, I reckon!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index