Psychedelic Revolution

270 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 12, 2012, 15:43
I've listened to it now, and I think I'm going to have to sit on the fence somewhat. Some good tunes, some not so good words. I do get a bit peeved at the swearinesses, I know I shouldn't but it means I can't play it in front of the fambly or Mrs Squid won't be pleased. That in turn means it sits getting dusty generally.

I must admit I think my musical tastes have moved on a bit too. A few years ago I might have been more enamoured of a song-based revolution-touting album, but these days I'm more into either fuzzed up psychedelic rock or spacey electronic things. I love the mellotrons and guitar sounds and his chords, but to my ears it isn't really that psychedelic, which is a pity. The most psychedelic thing is some of Holy's synth noises on the 2nd CD, and even they don't go quite far out enough for my taste.

Still, it isn't bad. Better than some of the senseless wham blam boom repetition of the Black Sheep stuff which I really found pretty unlistenable. And it might grow on me, it's early days yet. The Hooded and Benign track did send a good old tingle up my spine. Just a shame the tingles weren't more plentiful.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index