Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 15, 2012, 16:09
stray wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Problems do often start when movements attain a broader base though - that tends to be when the in-fighting starts. Interesting to consider ways to overcome this natural tendancy.

Yes but in-fighting is not the problem, or a problem at all. That can always be overcome. A group splitting over differences creates two groups or more, this is not necessarily a negative (unless you're a Trotskyist ;) see what I did there ?).

The problem is connecting to the wider community, and other groups outside of the immediate. I'm not talking about connecting as in forming networks to perform definitive actions. I mean connecting in a conciousness sense, as in 'they are me and I am them'. Connections of identification and empathy. Doing so by providing resources that people can use, and ideas that resonate and generate action in others outside of any classable grouping. Ideas and resources that don't fit the classical capital based functions and laws we live with.

Whilst I can see the advantages and, indeed, need to connect to the wider community, surely in-fighting is counter-productive, and leads to breakdown in the dynamics of any movement?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index