Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Feb 10, 2012, 11:51
Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 10, 2012, 11:49
IanB wrote:
I hate to be ungracious when the artist is the host of such a fine web site and hence provides the meeting point for this community of fellow travelers but surely I am not the only person listening to this record and shaking with laughter at some of it? Buy Folk The Banks instead would be my advice. Better sleeve too as it happens if you want to have something that Occupies your record collection. Sorry but to my mind he is simply much better (a pop genius in fact) with metaphysics than with geopolitics.

Heheh.. His metaphysics isn't that great either tbh.. I don't think I'll try this album, judging from the responses its everything I feared it would be. This whole appropriation of the anarcho communist flag (or anarcho syndicalist if you are so inclined.. er.. and confused ;)) just.. irks me. Well that, and then whacking a quote from Hegel on a recent sleeve, its silly, or opportunist, or oddly inconsistent, or something. I don't mind appropriation at all really, if you've got a Dadaist or a Situationist approach. He.. um.. hasn't.. to my eyes anyroad.

Fuck it, he should just drop that flag and switch to the IWWs black cat instead, or the black cross, they're much better images frankly. He may as well misappropriate and misuse all the symbols of political struggle while he rants semi coherently ;)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index