IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2012, 19:17
Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 09, 2012, 19:13
keith a wrote:
IanB wrote:
necropolist wrote:
cruel, Ian, cruel. I'm certainly not laughing like I did at the execrable Kate Bush album - perfect case of emperor's new clothes there.

I'm listening to it - thru crap speakers at work - and am finding it very pleasant listening. The bass drum doesn't interfere too much with my enjoyment like I feared it would, and there are some great tunes included. A better production wouldn't go amiss, but I am happy so far.

It would possibly be great sung in another language (preferably one of which I have no working knowledge) because the tunes are not half bad. Some of the tunes are actually really great. Especially the one that sounds like "Drive" by The Cars. Have you got to the "Tracy Ullman & the SLA Unlimited Orchestra" bit yet?

I love the Kate B record (but then you knew that). She is what she says she is.

I'm somewhere between the two of you. A better production wouldn't go amiss - though I often feel like that with Cope albums in recent years and it gets less of a problem as I get to know it better.

There's some good tunes, but during the the title track and its endless going on about 'greedheads', 'fatcat's' and 'moneybags' "going down" and I did find myself thinking "I wish he'd get back to singing about pickle jars and paper carpets".

It's up against the wall for you and me old son. I don't mind the production at all and the 80s references are really rather sweetly done. It's the words. I am not buying in. I just played Power in the Darkness for the first time in a long time and suddenly felt much better though JC and TR do have alarmingly similar singing styles at times!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index