Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.

301 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Aug 01, 2013, 17:53
Astralcat wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

Yes, I see, understand and accept this.
But, as i'm sure you're already aware, it has very little relevance to this particular exchange.

On the contrary, both sides seem convinced they are right based on their interpretation of what is ‘real’. I’m suggesting that there are many notions of reality (cultural and otherwise) which are as valid as the somewhat polarised ones here.

Did you miss my earlier post?

I agree, but you cannot dip in and out of 'frameworks' just to suit whatever position you happen to find yourself in at the time.

This thing about 'fact' is ridiculous.

You probably won't like this analogy, but if ACs computer went kaputt 3 days after buying it and he returned it to the man who sold it to him to be told that the computer is working fine and its just ACs interpretation of whats 'real' thats the problem, what do you think our Astral Cat would have to say about that? Is that a valid interpretation?
No, of course not. AC would want to PROVE to the man that the computer is broken.

I'm well aware of the point you are making, but it can't apply to this situation. You are talking about something much, much larger and fundamental in approach to life in general than this exchange, which is whether a particular hill is a 'Chakra'.

I've already illustrated how AC doesn't operate within that framework, but participates in a very modern, very western 'world'. Some of his recent posts only serve to back this up.

Is the computer broken? Is the hill a chakra?

That's so important to the point I was trying to make.

Ok, ok. I see, AC. It would have been more dignified to admit you couldn't really answer, but I shouldn't have expected that really.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index