Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.

301 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mustard
1043 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 31, 2013, 15:10
Astralcat wrote:
How can you prove something that exists within its own framework entirely beyond the limited boundaries of materialistic science etc ?
You can't. That's why these things are personal beliefs rather than fact.

Astralcat wrote:
Anything in the psychic, metaphysical, spiritual or 'occult' realms is eminently provable as fact within its own terms by those experienced to any degree of operating within them.

"Within its own terms"? Seriously... this is almost exactly what Christians say about Jesus. "He must exist, because I have experienced him. I can prove he exists, because if you invite him into your life, you will experience him too".

If you can't empirically prove something, it isn't a fact - it's a belief.

Astralcat wrote:
Glastonbury is a chakra in this respect, as it opens and helps develop individual spiritual energetic progression for those who want to work with its existing extremey powerful energy force.

I disagree. Having lived here for the best part of 20 years, my experience of Glastonbury has been quite the opposite. I've lost count of the number of druids, priestesses and pilgrims of various spiritual persuasions who spout similar stuff about the place, and turn out to be thieves, bullies and violent misogynists (I'm not suggesting that this applies to you).
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index