Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 31 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
woosh
35 posts

Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 04, 2013, 16:04
A thought just occured to me today; I wonder how the resident antiquarians with a deep respect for glastonbury feel about this annual music festival invasion ? do some perhaps feel that such a huge commercialised event is in keeping with the sacredness of this very special place, known as the heart chakra of the earth,. I know glastonbury is considered one of the uks alternative towns with some very cool types living there but do antiquarians- even as music lovers see it as all good ! ,. any thoughts ;
Mustard
1041 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 04, 2013, 16:28
Well the festival's six miles away from Glastonbury, so I can't imagine it's an issue that's worth losing sleep over.
GLADMAN
843 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 04, 2013, 19:36
woosh wrote:
A thought just occured to me today; I wonder how the resident antiquarians with a deep respect for glastonbury feel about this annual music festival invasion ? do some perhaps feel that such a huge commercialised event is in keeping with the sacredness of this very special place, known as the heart chakra of the earth,. I know glastonbury is considered one of the uks alternative towns with some very cool types living there but do antiquarians- even as music lovers see it as all good ! ,. any thoughts ;


I would have thought resident antiquarians would have been pretty happy, what with The Rolling Stones there.... a chance to view more ancient relics.
woosh
35 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 04, 2013, 23:09
Wouldn't have been a prob if it was six metres away back in its early roots in the seventies (before the circus !) when it was small hippy/folksy scene -proper !
moss
moss
2812 posts

Edited Jul 05, 2013, 09:16
Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 05, 2013, 09:15
Still, a greater number of people get joy (if not happiness) out of it, being part of the show, which is ageing gently with its performers ;) and Michael Eavis does gives the profits away to charities.....
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2459 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 05, 2013, 15:08
GLADMAN wrote:
woosh wrote:
A thought just occured to me today; I wonder how the resident antiquarians with a deep respect for glastonbury feel about this annual music festival invasion ? do some perhaps feel that such a huge commercialised event is in keeping with the sacredness of this very special place, known as the heart chakra of the earth,. I know glastonbury is considered one of the uks alternative towns with some very cool types living there but do antiquarians- even as music lovers see it as all good ! ,. any thoughts ;


I would have thought resident antiquarians would have been pretty happy, what with The Rolling Stones there.... a chance to view more ancient relics.


Funny, some people said that to me when I played Glastonbury a few (ahem) years ago.
GLADMAN
843 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 06, 2013, 00:09
drewbhoy wrote:


Funny, some people said that to me when I played Glastonbury a few (ahem) years ago.


Was Jim Kerr there as well?
Mart
Mart
214 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 06, 2013, 10:59
heart chakra of the earth ??? since when ?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2459 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 06, 2013, 15:55
No, but his brother was.
GLADMAN
843 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 07, 2013, 01:03
drewbhoy wrote:
No, but his brother was.


Ha! Brilliant.........
Pages: 31 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index