Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.

301 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Aug 01, 2013, 15:16
Littlestone wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Astralcat wrote:

You don't get it. If something happens in my own personal reality, genuine experiences, then to me they are personal facts.

'Personal facts'. There it is in Black and White. Like a Badger.

Hilarious.

Go on, give us some more. Is Silbury a Chakra?

Of course, a Buddhist might argue that it (reality) is all an illusion anyway :-) You cannot actually ‘prove’ anything to anyone because the isness of everything is in one's own head. Whether it also exists outside one’s own head is unproven so Astralcat’s assertion that this or that is a fact is a perfectly valid one - he's convincing himself of somethings and not convincing himself of others.

Functioning on that level is a little difficult for most of us however so, for the time being, I’ll go along with the accepted notion that there’s a me and a you and an outside world, and that there are certain laws that govern that notion.

Having said that though I do believe there are a multitude of (culture-based) notions all of which perceive the world in sometimes totally different ways (anyone who has mastered a non-European language will know what I’m talking about) and most of those notions imho are equally as valid as the Western one that is prevailing here :-)

Yes, but he doesn't function on that level. He functions very much on the 'Western' (if you like) "level" (campaigning against the badger cull, as one example of how he is very much interacting in a modern western 'mode' for want of a better word) but with the cliched 'serious spiritual path' sort of slotted in. It's nothing new, and I'm the last person to knock anybody for their own beliefs, but you can't call those beliefs facts.
Theres an arrogance about it and all it does is highlight an incredibly narrow point of view.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index