Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.

301 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:18
Mustard wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
Mustard wrote:
tjj wrote:
Stop shouting, I heard you. I didn't miss anything 'my friend' wrote - so he's passionate about what he believes. I believe he is quite young (compared to me anyway). I don't like to see good people ridiculed - and you clearly don't like being challenged do you - batting words like sanctimonious around has no effect on me whatsoever. Just because you said it doesn't make it fact - its just your opinion.

I don;'t mind being challenged at all. What I object to is being challenged by someone who seems to have totally missed the point. Your friend hasn't been ridiculed, and nobody has tried to tell him what to believe. He's simply been pulled up for repeatedly and doggedly asserting that such beliefs are facts.

And indeed, I personally feel that your previous post (and this one) have a sanctimonious tone. That's my opinion. I wouldn't dream of suggesting it's a fact ;)

But in my experience and to my mind they ARE. They are MY personal facts. Maybe not yours. some of yours are not mine. Isn't that allowed ?

You're moving the goal posts. Clearly if you have experienced something, then that experience is real. But that is not the same thing as extrapolating from that a factual statement such as "the tor is a chakra", because that "fact" would then apply to everyone. So unless you can prove that the tor is a chakra, then that isn't a fact - it's an opinion, a feeling, or a personal belief.

Of course it's all of these, and to me, it's also a 'personal fact', through personal experience ? What on earth is wrong with that ? I'm not saying it has to be your fact, nor yours mine. I don't see the problem.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index