Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.

301 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6195 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Aug 01, 2013, 13:17
Astralcat wrote:
...I was not referring to everyone one, but a tendency with some to be, as I see it, so steeped in science and materialism that something vital gets lost along the way.

I'm sorry to pick you up on this again AC, but as I said above, just because many people on TMA don't write lots of stuff about their feelings, doesn't mean they don't have any.

Your interaction with the "Compass, stones and thick socks" people on TMA, just like your interaction with the mystical, chakra-getting people on TMA, is based on what they choose to write on TMA, not what they might be experiencing but choose to keep to their private, inner dialogue. TMA isn't twitter, we don't have to all externalise and broadcast our personal feelings about everything. Some may choose not to, some may not feel that words can do justice to the feelings or experiences they have. This does not mean that they are "soulless" or lacking in spirit.

In any case, if you visit some of the more remote ancient sites that don't involve a car park and short walk, you may find that thick socks and a compass will help you in a way that bare feet and a flowing robe will not. Nothing against those options, but I don't think the mountain rescue people are going to be too impressed when they drag your hypothermia'd self out of a snowdrift.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index