213 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: New study challenges timeline
Dec 06, 2012, 11:22
Littlestone wrote:

That was it as far as identifying the object in the box. The ‘count out’ from the hypnotic state was slowly delivered by the hypnotist - 10, 9, 8... Then something weird happened. A very real sensation of being in a ‘different place’. I was standing on a hilltop with another man. The wind was blowing through our long hair. I was holding whatever was in the box above my shoulder and looking out across rolling downland. The count out continued... 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. A click of the hypnotist's fingers and I was ‘back’ and feeling a bit disorientated.

The 'strangest' thing that ever to happen to me was an 'out of body' experience, although I guess under the circumstances I suppose easily explained.
I was 7 years old and in the General Hospital in Jersey having a tooth removed. That was in the dreaded gas days when you woke up pewking away and felt sick for days afterwards :-)
I was in the process of being put under when, would you believe it, the gas bottle ran out! The very tall windows of the surgery I was in and looking at became closer becaue 'I' was moving toward them! I ended up on what I can only explain as the pelmet above the window looking down at myself in the dentist chair watching them change the gas cylinder! I was terrified because I can remember thinking I'd died. They fixed the bottle and the next thing I knew I was sat over a wash basin with the tap running throwing up for all I was worth!
That lived with me until three years ago when I had to have my gall bladder removed. I was terrified of being put under in case it happened again but was assured it wouldn't as they no longer used gas as a primary knocker-out. And it didn't, so that fear has now gone...and it only took nearly 60 years!!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index