Topic View: Flat | Threaded
VBB
558 posts

Re: New study challenges timeline
Dec 05, 2012, 14:31
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
VBB wrote:
and furthermore as we all know, behaving in a fashion that encourages the impression that public enthusiasts are a rabble of egotistical loose cannons that converse as if holding a tired closing time pub conversation.

Hmmm. Rather wet. Anybody (archaeologist, heritage doodah, whatever) who is so woefully ignorant that they fail to understand how ALL public forums, at one time or another, descend into 'childish' argument is not worth listening to in the first place, as they must have been living under a rock for the last 20 years.

For clarity - i'm not having a pop at you, i'm just saying it makes me feel like saying "Get over it" (for want of a better expression). Y'know, its not desirable that debate spills over into that sort of thing, of course, but it does happen now and again, everywhere, and we're all grown-ups! We can cope and get on with it afterwards!

It is saturated let alone wet (which is why I attend meetings in a sowester and budgie smugglers), but the grown ups have their hands firmly on the only ball and if the unwashed don't play by their rules they ain't gotta let anyone else get involved with meaningful consultation and input.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index