Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: New study challenges timeline
Dec 03, 2012, 12:35
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

I guess it's the downside of "all views no matter how bizarre are equally valid and welcome". It results in the pros keeping schtum and not attempting to explain stuff. Two forums try to solve it by having a special section for way-out stuff. I suppose I'd be thrashed in the name of democracy if I suggested that might be of benefit here so I won't.

I think its a shame. Its what makes the subject for me. The combination of science, adventure, beauty, spirituality. Time. 'Us'. Getting to the bottom of our very nature.
The 'way-out' stuff is not so way-out after all, is it? Modern human beings built the monuments. They must have thought about and acted upon some pretty 'way-out' ideas themselves? And lots of us in 2012 find it attractive. I believe there is some sort of residue within us, not yet beaten out of us entirely, and thats what that feeling you get is when you get excited about seeing a monument, or, perhaps, long to protect it.
I personally wouldn't want to see 'The Sensible Forum' and 'The Way-out' Forum'. It doesn't feel right to me. This subject is about us, all of us, and where we come from!

I agree with every word of this, I believe some of us still have it in us and it's why we're here!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index