146 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Harryshill
510 posts

Re: The first site you ever visited.
Oct 07, 2012, 10:49
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
I hate the name Pagan. It's a Christian name for those of not the Abrahamic Faith and I dislike it.

I'm not of any of those three faiths, but that doesn't mean that I am in anyway connected with any other faith, and so don't wish to be considered a Pagan.

It's like the British calling the rest of the world Foreigners. Their only connection to each other being, that their not British.

I prefer to call myself a moron - a person who worships on the moor [i come from moorland as well, built a stone circle on moorland, and a lot of my favourite places are moorland], or heathen - a person who worships on the heath, but i'm a viking that never believed the christians death wish lies, and wasn't convinced in the link between odin hanging in the tree and jesus hanging on the cross/tree, and i'm not of any of the Abrahamic faiths so i'm happy with Moron, heathen or pagan, which is also a name town and city people called the people living in the countryside, it was a derogatory term though but if you look at the type of people who meant it in a derogatory way then i'm really happy to be classed as any of those names by those types of people.

I suppose as I am none of those, I am unhappy to be classed with them.

The concept of worship is alien to me.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index