bladup
1986 posts

Re: The first site you ever visited.
Oct 06, 2012, 15:48
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
I know almost nothing about it.

I know the Romans attacked it and that it's huge, but it's history ai really unknown to me.

Mind you, I know next to nothing about any of the sites.

But that's the good thing about prehistory, even the people who do think they know stuff [myself included] are constantly been proved wrong about things they believe, as so much is still unknown and some stuff may remain like that forever, this makes it a great leveler for newbies as they can come to the table with ideas just as good [if not better] than so called experts.

Whilst I don't want to argue with you again bladup, and I agree with what you are saying here, ideas alone are no use without some evidence to back them up. Agreed?
Anybody could say anything about a site but without something to show there is substance to a claim, it cannot be taken seriously. Lots of things are 'possible' but that doesn't get us anywhere.

But why does it have to get us anywhere? [where's the mystery in that?] we are here and have our feelings don't we?, and feelings are very important to me, i know i see things others can't, to me that makes me a seer and to others a madman, i've always said that a lot of people will think i'm talking shit, but a least it's all from in me and nobody has to read it! just because you can't prove something doesn't make it wrong or even less valid, i mean people once thought the world was flat and other people thought they knew that all prehistoric monuments were roman or newer, and the people who said otherwise were ridiculed, and just look how right the ridiculed people ended up, i know a lot of people want proof, but not everyone, i'm as honest a person you could meet but haven't got the time, inclination or more importantly the capability to prove everything i've seen, known or experienced, should that mean i should be silenced, i clearly think not, your tone is a lot better now, so thanks for that, i calm down as quickly as i get worked up and we were both told wasn't we, i for one will forgot what happened and really try to carry on with you as usual, all the best paul.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index