Harryshill
510 posts

Re: The first site you ever visited.
Oct 07, 2012, 11:31
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
I hate the name Pagan. It's a Christian name for those of not the Abrahamic Faith and I dislike it.

I'm not of any of those three faiths, but that doesn't mean that I am in anyway connected with any other faith, and so don't wish to be considered a Pagan.

It's like the British calling the rest of the world Foreigners. Their only connection to each other being, that their not British.

I prefer to call myself a moron - a person who worships on the moor [i come from moorland as well, built a stone circle on moorland, and a lot of my favourite places are moorland], or heathen - a person who worships on the heath, but i'm a viking that never believed the christians death wish lies, and wasn't convinced in the link between odin hanging in the tree and jesus hanging on the cross/tree, and i'm not of any of the Abrahamic faiths so i'm happy with Moron, heathen or pagan, which is also a name town and city people called the people living in the countryside, it was a derogatory term though but if you look at the type of people who meant it in a derogatory way then i'm really happy to be classed as any of those names by those types of people.

I suppose as I am none of those, I am unhappy to be classed with them.

The concept of worship is alien to me.

But if everyone worshiped nature [including all the people who worship invisible sky gods] the world would no way be in the state it's in, i always think the best things to have faith in are nature and the light [love] in the human soul, i shall end it here because everyone is different and everyones beliefs and non beliefs are as important as everyone else's, as long as they don't hurt anyone physically, different beliefs will always upset people mentally, but as long as no one gets hurt physically we'll just have to put up with that, sticks and stones if you like.

You are free to end your side of the conversation any time you like Paul. I have no problems with what you or others belive.

As for me, I couldn't worship nature if I tried, I have no idea what that really means and as I consider myself as part of nature and not above it I would be worshiping myself.

I feel no connection with the people of prehistory other than they are ancestors, but thats it. But then, I can't say I feel connected to any of the others that have been before.

Interesting subject though.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index