Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Harryshill
510 posts

Re: The first site you ever visited.
Oct 06, 2012, 15:41
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
I know almost nothing about it.

I know the Romans attacked it and that it's huge, but it's history ai really unknown to me.

Mind you, I know next to nothing about any of the sites.

But that's the good thing about prehistory, even the people who do think they know stuff [myself included] are constantly been proved wrong about things they believe, as so much is still unknown and some stuff may remain like that forever, this makes it a great leveler for newbies as they can come to the table with ideas just as good [if not better] than so called experts.

I'm certainly not a newbie as far as prehistory is concerned. It's been of interest for a long time, I just don't have a lot of knowledge about individual sites. It's the 'over all' picture that fascinates me.

People here, say things and I agree or don't, have an opinion or don't, Very few people (that I recall) here, say this is how it is., meaning I don't have to think anymore. If somebody does or did, then I would consider what was said, apply my own knowledge and experience to it and then decide id I would believe it or not.

I have free mind to decide what is bollocks and what is sound, and to decide if I am being impartial or not.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index