Re: The first site you ever visited.
Oct 06, 2012, 16:35
Harryshill wrote:
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
bladup wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
I know almost nothing about it.

I know the Romans attacked it and that it's huge, but it's history ai really unknown to me.

Mind you, I know next to nothing about any of the sites.

But that's the good thing about prehistory, even the people who do think they know stuff [myself included] are constantly been proved wrong about things they believe, as so much is still unknown and some stuff may remain like that forever, this makes it a great leveler for newbies as they can come to the table with ideas just as good [if not better] than so called experts.

I'm certainly not a newbie as far as prehistory is concerned. It's been of interest for a long time, I just don't have a lot of knowledge about individual sites. It's the 'over all' picture that fascinates me.

People here, say things and I agree or don't, have an opinion or don't, Very few people (that I recall) here, say this is how it is., meaning I don't have to think anymore. If somebody does or did, then I would consider what was said, apply my own knowledge and experience to it and then decide id I would believe it or not.

I have free mind to decide what is bollocks and what is sound, and to decide if I am being impartial or not.

That's what we all try to do, putting it into practice may be harder than you think, i did find it odd that i was told to mind my own business when i asked you where your from [or live now], as it's always interesting to know what sites you live near, and in 11 years of reading this site, i've never known anybody take offence to been asked in what part of the country they're from, i didn't want a bloody address, as the county would have done, dorset it is then! i presume.

I learnt years ago that giving out information like that is not a great idea or necessary. Lets just say, I have learnt from experience. If you wish to presume I'm from Dorset then thats fine by me.

If a site comes up that I know anything about or find of interst then I will join in because that is far more importaint IMO.

I have no idea how hard other people find it to put in practice, I can only talk about my efforts.

I can't think of one possible reason that saying what county your from could cause you trouble, but each to there own i suppose, take care paul.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index