146 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: The first site you ever visited.
Sep 21, 2012, 12:40
goffik wrote:
As a child we used to play at Totternhoe Knoll, as well as around the Five Knolls and various other places that I had no idea were of any provenance.

As an adult, though, and more aware of the existence of such places, I suppose it was St Catherine's Hill, in Winchester. Spent a Summer Solstice up there. But prior to that, a bus journey to work used to take me through Avebury, which I never got the chance to stop off at until I'd passed my driving test. It was the first site I visited when I had passed. Or was it Maiden Castle. Oh god this is a minefield. ;)

I could check but that would mean sorting through boxes of old photos, and frankly, my dear, I cannit be arsed! :D

G x

It seems it's a harder question for people [ myself included ] than i thought it would be, strange how stuff mingles into one, thanks a lot for your answer, and i agree about the photos because they can make a whole new level of confusion [unless they are in a proper order], or if you find the first photo, it could be that's the first photo you took of a place, not necessarily the first place you visited.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index