Developments at Avebury

356 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Future management of Avebury
Jul 31, 2012, 16:29
Littlestone wrote:
Nigel Kerton writing in the The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald today reports that -

"People who live in Avebury or who visit the village and would like to have a say about the way the village famous for its stone circles and Silbury Hill is managed, will be given an opportunity when the World Heritage Site Management Plan is updated. World Heritage Site officer Sarah Simmons said it was vitally important that those with an interest in the village were involved in revising the last management plan created in 2005.

"There will be two opportunities for the public to put forward their ideas and suggestions, at the Avebury Social centre next Tuesday. Ms Simmonds will be available to answer questions and listen to ideas at drop in sessions in the Social Centre on Avebury High Street next Tuesday between 2 -7 pm and in Marlborough Library on Monday, August 13, between 2 -7pm."

More here.

Hmmm, I may take them up on this.

Never mind the NT car parking fee, the dangerous roads or people climbing that hillock, that stone up near the raspberry jam needs to be repositioned a bit closer to the henge. It's a hell of a walk when I want to polish up my B&Q axe.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index