Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2011, 19:13
Re: Developments at Avebury
Feb 14, 2011, 19:10
Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWwTmjpIRI

Classic, Mathew, though (and correctly if I’m wrong) but you are the person who applied for use of the Coach House (sorry, I said stable block above) as a Crop Circle Centre and whose application was turned down? If that is in fact the case it’s understandable that you should now be so upset with the National Trust who want to open a ‘cafe’ on the site. Personally, I hold firm to the belief that the Coach House could be put to better use than as a public convenience.

You had Moss and I in hysterics over dinner (sorry if that wasn’t your intention) and you make some very, very good points. One was the question of sheep poo. I hadn’t actually linked the fact that people generally don’t sit down in the Henge because of the poo problem (and the commercial implications of that). Let me say though that similar ploys really are used elsewhere. I know of a city with a river running through it. On either bank of the river there are restaurants and tea houses but not a single bench on the river banks themselves. It is a well known fact that the restaurants and tea houses there are vehemently opposed to the siting of benches as they believe this will syphon off trade from their establishments.

Spot on.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index