Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2011, 21:34
Re: QR Codes
Mar 02, 2011, 19:11
ocifant wrote:
On this topic, in reply to Heritage Action, the Yorkshire Dales tweeted a response:

"We have our first site panel with QR codes in production. You might like our archaeology website too http://ow.ly/42s2z"

So expect to see them more and more as time goes on...

Ocifant,

I've already answered this post once and by asking a question about mobile phone signals seemed to have caused something of a furore; I apologise if my question came across as negative, it wasn't meant to. I don't apologise for not knowing about QR codes though because my motto for life (to quote that good old boy Socrates) is "the only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing". Anyway ... just wanted to say I attended hospital today as an outpatient (a minor matter under the heading of general maintenance) was there long enough to have an identity band put on my wrist and noticed that along with my name, dob and hospital number there was also a QR code - which I imagine held some confidential medical information. So they are being used by the NHS and I'm sure many other organisations as well.

From what I've read in subsequent posts, you have been working on a project concerning their use at some heritage sites .. so may I take this opportunity of wishing you well with that. Would also like to add that when I emerged from the hospital mid-afternoon - spring had suddenly sprung, the outside world looked fantastic. And certainly put all this recent nonsense into perspective.

best wishes
June
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index