106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Schoolyard?
Mar 29, 2006, 15:48
"Any odd "new boy" is fair game."

I'd like to see that statement backed up with some fact.

I've been visiting here since inception, seen all kinds come and go. True, I've seen people like Croley and Cropredy get roundly 'questioned' or 'poorly tolerated' (is that a word?) here but that's hardly surprising considering their insulting and patronizing manner. Such arsery boils down to:

"I know The Answer, you are all ignorant pretenders"

You know the type.

I honestly haven't seen much evidence (if any) of 'groupthink' here other than that minority who lump TMA contributors together as 'ignorant'. (See Mr Lizardman and his adherents)

They become 'outsiders' by their own hand, as they post at the very beginning from their self-appointed role of 'outsider', to 'educate' us ignorant masses whom they falsely believe to be a 'clique' just because many here don't concur with the odd patronisingly delivered theory of reptilian/alien//new-ager-on-a-cross stuff that get stated as fact, but wait, 'those' TMA'ers are, 'not ready for the truth' bla bla.

It's so dully predictable, it hurts. Everyone here is most gloriously an individual. Some are just more tolerant of patronising guff than others, and some, are less cogent of their own lack of communication skills. Or else they are trawling for shits and giggles.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index