leap years

106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: seasons not 24/7?
Mar 29, 2006, 13:57
"It is quite unfair to call me a troll unless you define a troll as someone who disagrees with you."

I didn't call you a troll so I don't see the need to redefine it. I did, however, refer to your historical usage here of bait and switch tactics, accusations, sideways personal comments etc.

A 'whisker shy of a troll' *isn't* a 'troll' per se, if I want to get pedantic. I personally dislike labels immensely so I'll pull myself up here and apologise for mentioning the word in the sentence.

So my definition of a 'whisker shy of a troll' happens to focus on your (oft-times)behaviour. As you stated on here yourself, you like 'taking the piss out of people' , and you certainly have done, utilising grand leaps and conjectures about their characters and thoughts in order to do so.

But it's all just fish in the sea, and for sure the internet is often the poorest place to attempt nuance and humour if that was the intention. Guess that means we have to be extra careful about what we write. Let's play nice, peeps we're all in this game together. Sure you, PeterH are really nice fellow, same as Steve.

PS. The Sungod has come back from being half eaten by a mangey wolf!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index