leap years

106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Re: seasons not 24/7?
Mar 29, 2006, 12:27
Just out of interest - I'm still fairly new to the site and don't know some of the terminology - what does the troll reference mean?

I can understand the school and new boy analogy but I have to say that I've always been replied to courteously whenever I've contributed to threads or posted threads. If I'm not making sense then I get overlooked, but I haven't received any negativity.

Then again I've avoided posting on threads about subjects I do not understand. I know Kevin and he does not convey or communicate himself very well on these threads, he'll be the first to admit this.

The point I've tried to make to him about TMA is that it's like two people looking at a grand old cinema. Monsuier Cropredy is a movie enthusiast who is trying to tell everyone what's on at the flicks. TMA couldn't give a monkeys what's on, they are only interested in the architecture of the building. Does that make sense?

I myself fall into the appreciation of the buildings side of things, although I am interested in what Kev says and I'm probably not the only one on here. Kevin's enthusiasm about his beliefs means he takes on the purists and, although he tries, he can't communicate his debate very well. I can see why he frustrates people and why he gets baited. I can see why people are protective on what this site is used for as well, and feel that he has no place on the website.

Personally I enjoy sitting back and reading the threads and think Kevin, Peter H, et al, make the day go by more colourfully. I would draw the line at monsuier Croley however, having read his thread to Jane. Reverting to nastiness and vitriol has no place anywhere but happily, everyone is at least respectful of eachother in that respect.

Mangé tout.
JS
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index